- Gold medal streatch is 102 miles long! Designated in 2014
- The portion of the Ark from it's confluence with the Lake Fork to Parkdale
- US Hwy 285 follows much of the upper portion; US Hwy 50 follows along the lower gold medal portion
- Many access points on federal, state, and partnership lands
- Portions are fly and lure only; portions are catch and release on certain species. Check regs for section(s) you are fishing.
- View stories & pictures Arkansas River
- Click here to buy topo maps for this area. You need maps 129, 130, 138. Maps are produced by National Geographic Maps
- Click here to buy a digital downloadable fishing map for the Arkansas River - includes access from the headwaters to Canon City