Fryingpan and Roaring Fork Rivers
- East of Basalt, from the dam at Ruedi Reservoir, downstream to the confluence with the Roaring Fork. Forest Road 105 follows the river.
- Fly/lure only; catch and release on all trout except Browns; Bag/possession for Browns is 2, max size 14"
Click here to buy topo maps for this area. You need map
126 which will cover Ruedi.
You need map 128 which will cover a portion of the tailwaters
- View a story and pictures of fishing the Fryingpan.
- Click here to buy an Angling Guide for the Roaring Fork Valley Area by Michael Shook
- From the confluence with the Fryingpan River north and downstream to the confluence with the Colorado River (near Glenwood Springs)
- Fly/lure only; 2 trout limit with min size 16"
- View a story and pictures of fishing the Roaring Fork.